To say I loved our last Perth trip is a serious understatement. This picture says it all:
We totally surprised Caitlin by bringing Jeremy and Sophie along (she knew Dave and I were coming).
Happy COMPLETE family. This only happens now when all my kids are on holidays at the same time and at least one of us travels abroad to be together.
I realize that as time passes and my children grow older that the times we are together will be less and less. It is sad but it also means that I need to grab and maximize our opportunities to be together to make shared memories. Hopefully it will lead to strong, lasting family bonds that will last a lifetime beyond their own families and geographic distance regardless of where they live. Some friends and peers tell me the best way is to ensure the kids stay by 'requiring' them to work in the family business or stay in the same country. I say that as parents, we owe it to our children to provide wise, godly counsel but let them reach their maximum potential. So if this will mean living elsewhere far, far away so be it. We can pray for our wants but not at their expense. We must definitely pray that they stay under God's plan for them, not ours alone.


No comments:
Post a Comment