Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13

Sunday, November 23, 2014

To sign up for the full or not? That is the question

So...our running team mates are looking at the Kasumigaura Marathon in Japan on April 19, 2015. I have been down with a bad cold the past entire week and a super hectic work/ministry schedule. The 10k run yesterday was the longest run in 10 days and it truly felt like a whole marathon. Had to rest the entire day afterwards! Could I still multiply it four-fold at a decent time?

I want to be strong but not work for it.
I want to be fast but not have to do speedwork.
I want to be slim but not have to control my eating habits.
I want to PR but not have age work against me.

I cannot have all my wants without putting in the work...and praying like anything. There are days where I absolutely dread the thought of taking the first step to start running. But I know it's because I'm not in top shape.

Here's to hoping I know for sure what to do when registration starts on December 3.

https://www.kasumigaura-marathon.jp/english/index.html

Update;
I joined Kasumigaura last April 19 and finished 4:46. Not my best not my worst. Best part of all:  I managed to recover most of my speed back for the training runs with my half marathons at 2:12. Haven't seen this for a couple of years!

No comments:

Post a Comment