Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13

Saturday, August 08, 2015

It wasn't so bad...

You know that feeling of dread that comes when you know you've had a busy week at work and have not eaten nor slept well? That's what I've experienced ever since I flew back in 5 days ago. 

With a hectic work and commitment schedule, I hadn't put in the sleep hours I wanted. I've managed 2 runs: a 13k on Wednesday, 8k on Thursday (the plan to limit myself to half cup rice a day was not successful as far as training strong is concerned...Thursday's run felt SO hard and it seemed ENDLESS). So last night I ate a full meal along with a full lunch and prepared to go to bed early in anticipation for today's 27k run. This is what I wore starting out at 4.20am today...


I look like a walking time bomb but that's 2 sets of drink belts carrying 6 little bottles of Nuun drink, my Spi-belt for the Iphone and sunscreen. It was going to be a hot day and I wanted to be ready for it. 

With the first 7k being the hardest, I actually enjoyed this run with my brother and sister. Pocari seemed to revive me and I was able to run steady.  Ended up finishing in just over 3 hours (3:05 or a 6:53min/km pace) and still feeling relatively intact. Chafing, unfortunately, was inevitable. 

Post run, I had this...

I had to think twice with half avocado in the Herbalife vanilla shake. Does that send the fat content to more than offset my run?!?! But as they say...let it go, let it go...

So for tomorrow I've set myself an adjusted 10k goal since I am short 5k from Thursday. Hopefully my legs will work. Did not realize that I got so used to running every other day that consecutive days of running take a big toll on me right now!

As far as food/diet since my last entry, I've had to face the fact that I cannot be super strict on my eating. I will do the following instead:
1. Do control portions 
2. Do avoid junk food where I can 
3. Do try to eat light at night (but NOT where I have long run within 1-2 days)
4. Be sensible and listen to my body!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment