Not bad insofar as running goes...just in time to fly back to Manila on Monday in time for Jeremy's 14th birthday.
Back in Manila for my first run for the week on Wednesday: 13k. What is this tummy, saddlebags and dimply thighs I see when I stretch afterwards? I am back to the stage where I can't stand my body as it's gone over what I feel is acceptable. Age has caught up, my body's adjusted: running on its own is no longer sufficient to keep my weight at bay. I need to focus on my eating habits.
For my eating resolutions, here goes:
- Limit rice to half cup a day max
- More veggies
- Drink more
- Skip dinner but must eat decent breakfast and lunch
My aim is to adjust my eating habits for sustainable long term habit, not just as a diet. The marathon training will just jump start the weight loss (IF it still will work)
So today this is what I actually had for lunch today:
- Skipped breakfast after a 13k run
- Stuck to rice limit or even less with lots veggies and a little chicken for LATE lunch
- Ate till full for dinner with tofu, eggs, chicken, corn soup & did NOT eat rice
- Had a lot of popcorn and some Frappucino for the movies with the family (with all the corn tonight, I have more than made up for the reduced rice!)
Conclusion: Keep running but need to eat more during day time so as not to binge at night. Must do better. I need to plan for long runs too.
This week's planned runs: 13km (Wednesday: done), 13km (Thursday: may break into 8k morning and 5k evening), 27km (Sat), 6.5km (Sun). Fit in Friday yoga. Of course all subject to change depending on weather and sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment