Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Weekend & Week 1 in review (July 26 2014)

Week 1 is over with 11 more to go. It was with some trepadition that I took my measurements today.

The good:
Physically I stuck to my planned activities and ran a total 56km with 3784 calories burned for the week. I don't remember running this much in a week since the February marathon.
I lost about 2cm from my waist (it was bigger than it had been for maybe a decade though) and maybe half cm on my hips and bust. Promising.

The hmmmm....
Stepped on the scales.  I weigh exactly the same as my baseline restart and my fat % according to my techie scales increased! Yes a higher figure! So there goes my weight goals.

Take home...
I learned a very important lesson:  I must use the physical measurements in conjunction with the scales in order to get the whole picture. Also repeated my resolve to NOT step on the scales till next Sunday so as to prevent further self sabotages.

Planned activities for Week 2:
Mon - Yoga
Tue - Run 2 hours
Wed - Body strength conditioning at Fort Rock
Thu - Run 1
Fri - Run by feel
Sat - Body strength again? or Run 1
Sun - Run 1.5

So yesterday (Saturday), I talked myself out of running for 2 hours and instead ran with effort for 75 minutes and stood around & talked the remaining 45 minutes. I pledge to always listen to my body and if my fatigued legs are tellimg me to ease off...then ease off I will and did. I covered 11.15km in 75 minutes at an improving pace of 6.45min/km. Not too bad if I consider my first 1 hour run just 5 days ago was at a pace of 6.49min/km and felt a thousand times worse!

This morning I woke up with the realization that I will be eating for lunch with family and attending a party tonight. This means more food. With a sigh I put on my running gear and went out. It is always nice to run with people so when I stepped out of the gate and saw my brother in law running towards my house with 2 other friends, I was really happy! It felt like God knew I needed the company for motivation and literally sent them to my doorstep! Finished another 8km (7km with company at 6.35 min/km pace).  I ran another one km and walked another km so I won't beat myself up about running 'short'. At long last after a week's plodding I could feel myself feeling more comfortable running again. A long way to go but I will get there.

So on to Week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment