Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Week 1 Day 5 Strength day (Thursday July 24, 2014)

Baseline restart! After 4 days of solid workouts and a couple of missed dinners I weigh MORE now than I did at the start! Also appears some of my measurements were wrong and I am BIGGER than I originally measured.


Is this it? Has age finally caught up with me and no more solution but to accept it?  Since it seems this part is a hopeless case, let me just IGNORE it and set it aside the weight issues and to focus back on getting fit.

Today, I've got the total body conditioning workout scheduled so off I went to Fort Rock. Turns out it's a cardio workout. There was some running and jumping around, some boxing, some strength...including this:

This looks so simple but I sooooo dread it (right along the duck walks which is too undignified to even be posted). Whenever I do these, I compare myself to Moses holding up his arms whilst the Israelites fought the Amaleks...any time his arms dropped, the enemy won but while his hands were up the battle was Israel's. This is found somewhere in Exodus 17 for the curious.  Well...there was no way I'd keep it up if I focused on how painful it was!

2 hours and what feels like a tonne of sweat later I'm really beat but glad I did it. Expecting sore legs and arms tomorrow.

PS. I'm not one of those graceful people who work out and look good...I look and feel like a wet seal which is really bad news for the trainer who needs to help me stretch after. In this instance, even my shoes were wet...I've sweated through my socks and unto them. Poor, poor trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment