Woke up this morning all set and ready for another yoga session...but alas not meant to be as the instructor was held up trying to commute in the rain. So with one of the 2 hours I budgeted left, what to do? Skip for the day? But what would I put in the Fitbook against the planned workout? I decided to go for yet another 1 hour run.
It was raining outside and as I trudged out of our door, my husband stuck his head out the window and asked if I was really planning to run in the rain. Yup! Figured a little rain won't get me down. I didn't know whether to pat myself on the back or knock my head against the wall (Dave will probably go for the latter). But hey how about all those marathon events where it rained and everyone still has to run because they've trained the past 16+ weeks? And isn't cool water better than humid summer heat? So with these thoughts in mind, off I went.
My legs didn't ache as much (that's good news) as yesterday but they did start out feeling fatigued. But the rain eased by Kilometer 2 and it seemed like today would be easier so I kept on. Well well well...I did the exact same route and today's results look almost identical to that of yesterday's with a measly 0.050km improvement. They should give rewards for consistency.
I really really hope by next week my body gets used to all this so I can enjoy my runs again.

No comments:
Post a Comment