Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13

Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 2 Day 2 Oh no....2 hour run day (Tuesday July 29 2014)

Gosh I woke up this holiday morning mentally readying myself for a 2 hour run at a (hopefully) better pace than my first attempt a week ago.

An hour and on the road later, I was still arguing with myself. Just do 1 hour? 10km? 90 minutes? But when else will a have a whole day to rest? I tuned out and thought about other things so that I cover the miles without noticing (Ha!!!).  I also headed outside the village towards the Fort so I know that if I turn back I would easily cover  more than 10km.

So happy I had the foresight and brought enough money for 2 7-11 stops to buy Propel flavored water (the only sports drink I could afford to buy twice) - it actually worked in reviving me especially for the last 4km!

In the end this is what kept me going:
1. The mantra I must be burning fat by now after 1 hour worked.
2. God also sends me running angels along the way. I don't know about you but seeing people I know running and staying with them for part of the course energizes me. I saw my brother and his group (runningfatboy.blogspot.com). Though I wanted to I didn't stay with them because it looked like they were going to take it easy and walk a lot - didn't want to beat myself up for not covering my 17km all week. For the last 3kms there were also guys I formerly trained with prepping for their ironman and we ran along the same roads.
3. My Garmin watch and knowing I will have to log it!


So happy to finish stronger than last week (maybe thanks to Propel as well as the hours I've put in)

No comments:

Post a Comment