Based on my weekly plan, I had 2 consecutive runs scheduled for the weekend with a day of 90 minutes. Today seemed a good day to do that given my multiple meals outside seemed to be on the heavy side.
I ran with a friend starting to get half marathon ready for October. Dave and some friends were also running. It was a nice run for me as the weather (pre-storm) was cool and the pace was relaxed. After about 80 minutes of looping around the village perimeter, I ended up outside my sister's house for a drink break. JUST in time too as the rain started in earnest as we were going inside the house...the strong shower kind not the misty ones. So we ducked in, thanked God for His perfect timing and decided He was telling us to call it a day.
All in I covered 11.1km and took 5 minutes longer than my run exactly a week ago. My pace really depends who I run with but I enjoyed this and I enjoy running with friends of all paces! The calories burned according to the Garmin was similar...11 calories less but I could live with that. Just run relaxed for a little longer but you don't feel completely drained.
I went home later and learned Dave covered 15km running through the strong rain!

No comments:
Post a Comment