After a full-ish meal the night before, it is with a measure of resignation that I stepped on the scales and took my measurements. Sure enough, everything stayed put and the same as Week 3. Four weeks down and practically no weight lost! I must have the most loyal pounds on the planet. They're not leaving no matter what!
It's all good though. I had a week with long hard workouts and it's made me stronger. I will have to focus on that and try my best to eat sensibly. For now forget about the losing weight bit or it'll drive me crazy.
After yesterday's exhausting session, I was somewhat surprised to wake up and find myself with no soreness whatsoever. I managed a 5km session this morning with my daughter for the first 2km. It had to be 'fast' even though I was still tired from the previous day. Finished the 5km at 31:35 or 6:18 min/km pace. Last 3km without my daughter around 6 min/km. Very tired in church and actually slept in the car on the way home and napped in the afternoon which never EVER happens.
Planned workouts for the week:
Mon - Run but if not up to it, rest (yes!!!)
Tue - Run 10-15km
Wed - None (planning session out of town)
Thur - Run 21k (holiday)
Fri - Total body conditioning or yoga
Sat - Group run/bike (whatever they come up with)
Sun - 5-8km with daughter (3km for her, whatever I am up to for me)
No comments:
Post a Comment