Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 5 Day 1 - 4 Planning Session at work = Tired = Frustrated (Mon to Thurs August 18-21 2014)

After a very eventful weekend of extended run/bike, running 5k at pace and playing badminton, I started my Monday on the very tired side. It ended up as a rest day after I found myself still exhausted and incessantly yawning throughout the day. Who knew that lack of sleep and the impromptu duathlon would take so much out of me? I was literally in bed by 7pm curled up with a book. Though I did not sleep right away, I got some solid zzzz's and woke up feeling up to a 10km Tuesday.

Thankfully, Dave felt the same and we joined up for running. My Garmin discharged so I don't really know what my time was but it was around 1:04 or 1:05. Definitely on the harder side of the scale for me. Dave and I make good partners if I want to run with effort!

Wednesday was another long work day so no exercise.

I had planned a 2 hour run for Thursday as it is Hero's Day holiday and I had rested (and eaten) for it. Unfortunately you can sleep early but it was filled with work dreams and busy thoughts...in other words...not restful. Woke up at 5.15am and ran just under 7km at an easy pace with Dave before walking the rest of the way to my 9km.

I wonder if tomorrow will be the same or I should just let things slide this week? In any case I've scheduled Total Body Conditioning and yoga for tomorrow.  And if I'm up to it...the 21k for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment