Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13

Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 6 Day 1 is an easy 5km walk (Mon August 5 2014)

I had my hair done yesterday and it means no washing for 2 days and no pins, ponytails for a week. It's great but at the same time torturous. For one, I expect my appetite to come back with a vengeance which always happens when my body knows I'm in "relax" mode. I am also still trying to work out how much I can do while my hair is all down and around my face. I think running should be good for this but not sure about the body conditioning or bootcamp I've scheduled.

So for the first time since starting this program, I woke up at a very early time of 4.30pm and did not feel the compulsion to get out and run before the sun came out. In fact, I stayed in bed for a good 2 hours reading. Ah...bliss!

Today is a holiday (happy national heroes' day!) and an easy 5km walk was pencilled in (given I didn't want to have unwashed sweaty hair!). I went out for the walk with my daughter and hubby after our healthy dinner. The skies looked a little ominous so we omitted the dogs and brought 2 large umbrellas and a water bottle instead. Thank. God. The rain when it came was so hard we were soaked despite the umbrellas. The rain went right THROUGH the umbrellas and soaked my not-supposed-to-be-washed-hair-till-tomorrow! We spent the last 20 minutes squishing through the fast running waters on the road. Our feet were completely soaked and hubby made us all apply liberal amounts of alcohol after the hot showers to ensure nothing disgustingly catching would survive. This is a picture when we are all laughing at the ridiculousness of bringing said umbrellas:

No comments:

Post a Comment