Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Week 3 Day 4 Whole body conditioning (Thursday August 7 2014)

For the 90 minute total body work out this morning, I discovered that lack of sleep, minimal dinner, and doing both the 10km run AND yoga yesterday lead to very fatigued muscles.  I was so wrong about how I said just yesterday that yoga does not count as exercise!

I look forward to this class each week because I know I will go through a very thorough workout and end with a stretch, massage and their complimentary Herbalife shake. Today was no exception.  I boxed, kicked, squatted, burpeed and whipped the fat ropes around plus more.  I imagined the fat melting and my tummy toning up right before my eyes. It was one of those long, hard workouts where you know you give everything you've got so that you last only till the very last move and that's it.

Of all that I did today, I simply cannot stand box jumps. I am jumping on the lowest possible level and still barely make it without stumbling. The gym had a box jump that was the height of a normal table (not for me - mine was a normal step and even then I stumble). I'd rather go hide under it than try jumping on it. As far as my jumping abilities are concerned, I'm definitely bound to earth by gravity and have zero bounce.

But I do love kicking the punching bag. Very practical and a good workout if you imagine it is an attacker you need to bring down.

On another plus side, my initial heartbeat is now down to 57.



No comments:

Post a Comment