Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13

Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 5 in review (Sunday August 24 2014)

Food & Sleep

This was an eventful week wherein I under-slept and got tired a lot (work and delayed recovery from previous week's activities). As such the workouts reflected it with 2 days of no exercise. Actually so did the diet.  

Food-wise, I did attempt to fit everything that wasn't so good in the mornings and ate lighter at night - in all honesty especially so towards the end of the week I was better since I knew the weigh in was fast approaching.  I also decided to take a more relaxed approach and enjoy the things I like in moderation. Hence it was a week with pizzas, churros, burgers, pancakes, chocolates. But it was also a week of steamed fish, less rice, monggo, controlled portions. 

What I planned for Week 5 vs what I did:

Mon - Run but if not up to it, rest (yes!!!)
Rested
Tue - Run 10-15km
10k with Dave
Wed - None (planning session out of town)
None
Thur - Run 21k (holiday)
7km run slow - with walks.
Fri - Total body conditioning or yoga
2 hour work out
Sat - Group run/bike (whatever they come up with)
Ran 13km, walked/ran till 15km reached
Sun - 5-8km with daughter (3km for her, whatever I am up to for me)
Ran 6.7km and walked ran till 8km reached.

Results:

Surprisingly, yesterday was the first time my clothes felt looser and my weight and measurements actually went DOWN for the first time. I am finally getting somewhere albeit at what must be the slowest rate in the planet...my planned week 1 weight loss goals was achieved at the end of Week 5!!! Still (and never will be) not Miss Universe material but I will get to the best state I humanly can at the end of these 12 weeks.

Planned workouts for Week 6
Mon - Walk 5k (had my hair done Sunday and can't wash it till Tues)
Tue - Run 10km afternoon (wash hair after)
Wed - Total body conditioning
Thu - Run
Fri - Boot camp
Sat - Long
Sun - 5-8km with Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment