Today I had a morning run scheduled last minute last night with my faster running buddy. We met up just after I've run a kilometer or so - she with her partner - and the 3 of us ran a quickish 6-7km together where we deposited him BACK to his apartment. THEN my friend turned around and asked how many I had to do. So I said 12-15km. She nodded...and off she went. To the further side of Fort. I can see where this was going: far, far away from my place so I won't be tempted to call it quits and cut the run short (which I so badly wanted to so many times).
I ended up doing 13km with the last 2km feeling like the last 2km of a race. All up the 13km was done at 1 hour 26 min or 6.40 min per km. Walked-ran (more walked) another 2km back to my house because we were THAT far away. It felt like I was back in Week 1! But I literally accomplished my 12-15km! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have another 8-10km scheduled with the same lady. Oh no.
No comments:
Post a Comment