Thursday's session at Fort Rock was my "workout 3" session. This is primarily spinning, lunges, sit ups, rope pulls, boxing and burpees. It was by far the easiest out of the last 3 sessions. In my opinioin, my legs are strong enough that lunges and biking doesn't torture them and I can readily go through the motions. I finished feeling more than ready to do another round but thought better to relax and enjoy the post workout stretch and massage.
Woke up this morning with a run scheduled. Time to face up to the 'harder' runs and fit in a short tempo run. I am doing this because I know I have a weekend of running and more running. Did I mention that I have to go for a week with my hair down and unpinned? The only 'suitable' sport would be running as I run upright and even though I get sweaty, it comes with minimal head movements. Doing the sit ups and twisting yesterday drove me crazy with hair all over the place. SO until Sunday, I will avoid all other activities except for running. The things we do in the name of vanity!
Anyway I only realized when I was actually running that my legs felt heavy. The 'easier' workout yesterday did impact my legs! Ended up with 6.7km below 6:30 pace. Not the best but the workout's done.
I must get some rest and recover today so I can cover the increase in weekend mileage.
No comments:
Post a Comment