Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength - Phil 4:13

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Week 3 Day 3 is make up day! (Wednesday August 6 2014)

I was up at 5am this morning ready to run and work off the previous day's idleness and calories only to find the rain pouring down in sheets.  2 hours later, I've caught up on emails, social media, helped my daughter raise funds for her charity (via social media)...and it was STILL raining. Wait...I've been running in the rain before and even said it was nice!  Why do I have selective memory loss when it comes to running?

I decided to STOP waiting and START running my planned 10km



I don't know why I hesitate and dread the start of each run - well actually I do. It's that horrible feeling of heavy legs that one gets when you are running the first 5 minutes not warmed up.  

Once I got started, it was actually a really nice day for a run since the rain slowed down to a drizzle and it was cool.  Unlike the other day, there was no steam coming off the ground (which is why I should never run during the afternoon).  Even better...I decided I wanted to run for fun and not try to get a better time like I've been trying to do every single time I go out for the past 3 weeks. Talk about putting oneself effectively under pressure! 

Then the rain stopped and there was that magical minute where everything is freshly washed, cars & people were still OFF the streets (this is inside a village) except for a lone runner up the road God must have sent to keep me in pace. 

Total peace. THIS is why I love running. It allows me to capture fleeting moments like this. I feel like I can run forever and not go weary.

Alas it doesn't last forever. But it was good while it did! I ended up covering 10km in 1:05:44. Despite the 'easier' run feeling, I was actually a little faster than the hard run I did 2 days ago. Pressure for continuous improvement is still on then!

Oh and since I didn't do any exercise yesterday, I fitted yoga in for the late afternoon. I keep thinking yoga doesn't count but nevertheless I'm glad I stretched and strengthened. 

Also happy to report that all my planned workouts for the week are now back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment